All our Jewellery is fit and proper for everyday wear and tear. Metals used in jewellery-making are soft and malleable to be crafted to the precision required. They need regular care to ensure that they last a lifetime. Please read the standard necessary care to protect your Jewellery.
- Remove Jewellery before showering or washing. Soap can cause a film to form on Jewellery which can leave it looking dull.
- There are a number of commercial cleaning products available in your local supermarket to clean jewellery available.
- A soft chamois cloth is an effective and inexpensive way to keep jewellery clean and polished.
- Do not ever use toothpaste to clean jewellery.
- Be careful of chlorine. Especially at high temperatures it can permanently damage and discolour jewellery.
- Do not wear gold while using chlorine bleach.
- Do not wear gold while in a swimming pool or hot tub.
- You can remove everyday buildups of tarnish with jewellery cleaner. After brushing simply rinse with lukewarm water and leave to dry.
- Always clean earring hooks with an alcohol swab before wearing new earrings.
- Apply make-up, hair spray and perfume before putting on jewellery. The chemicals in these products will damage the finish of the precious metal and could also damage the gemstones.