Ethical Diamond Jewellery
The Importance of Ethical Diamond Jewellery
We care about our pieces and our customers, and we care about doing what we love in the right way. This means that we are responsible for making beautiful jewellery, but we also have a responsibility to educate and lead the rest of the industry.
It all starts with us investing time to source our materials correctly. We never compromise on quality or purity, but we also have a responsibility to never compromise on welfare or ethics.
The Conflict-Free Approach
Committing to be completely conflict-free concerning our stones is central to everything we do. We guarantee that we only work with suppliers who adhere to this principle by committing to this. Still, we’re also promising to immediately sever ties with anyone we work with who contravenes this later. We feel it’s the least we can do to help ensure we leave the world a better place than we found it.
Our Standards: Making the World a Better Place
To explain more about how we’re working to leave the world a better place, we want to be explicit about the standards we follow.
Every diamond supplier that we partner with is fully committed to the World Diamond Council System of Warranties and has, at our insistence, provided us with the following assurances:
- Every single diamond is sold following the Best Practice Principles of the DTC.
- Not one diamond or precious stone has been sold despite UN resolutions Nos. 1173, 1176 and 1306.
- No stones are ever taken from rebel-controlled regions or regions where their sale could be used to fund military activity or terrorism.
Our Code of Conduct
- Honesty: We love what we do and know that the only way to restore the reputation of the industry is by being scrupulously honest in everything we do.
- Transparency: We want to make shopping with us as simple as possible. We are very clear about what we sell and where it comes from.
- Professional Standards: By adhering to the latest professional standards and urging our colleagues to do the same, we’re proud to be leading the industry towards maintaining high professional standards.