Why Should You Get a Bespoke Engagement Ring?
With a bespoke engagement ring, you have the opportunity to create a design that perfectly suits your style and preferences and guarantees you won't have the same ring as anyone else. The piece can also be designed to reflect your personality, relationship, or a shared interest.
Another important choice is metal. Different metals offer distinct aesthetics, from the classic elegance of platinum to the warmth of rose gold. With a bespoke ring, you have the freedom to choose the material that best compliments your lifestyle.
And, of course, bespoke rings allow you to select the exact diamond or gemstone you desire, considering factors like size, cut, colour, and clarity. Lastly, you can also include meaningful dates, initials, or a special message that holds significance to both of you.
How Does the Bespoke Ring Design Process Work?
Designing a bespoke ring is all about collaboration. The client and the jeweller work together to create a unique and personalised piece of jewellery. The process usually begins with an initial consultation where you will talk about your preferences, style, and any specific design ideas you may have in mind. Then, the artist will present some design concepts. Once the design is finalised, you will typically select the type of metal (e.g., gold, platinum) and the specific gemstones, considering factors like type, cut, colour, and carat weight.
Behind The Scene - Bespoke Engagement Ring
How Bespoke Ring Services Work
Every person (and every couple!) is unique. So, why settle for a ring that mimics those worn by others? Your love story is unique, and your choice of a ring should reflect that exceptional bond.
When you choose a bespoke ring, you don't need to limit yourself to commonplace options. Instead, you can express your unique style and narrative through a one-of-a-kind, tailor-made ring. For example, here are some of the elements you can customise:
- Design and setting: You can choose the overall style of the ring (classic, modern, vintage, or a combination of styles) and specify the design of the setting for the gemstone(s), including prong, bezel, pave, or channel settings.
- Metal and finish: You can select the metal for the ring, such as gold (yellow, white, or rose), platinum, palladium, or a combination of metals, and decide on the finish, whether it's polished, matte, hammered, or textured.
- Gemstones: You can choose the type of gemstones, including diamonds, coloured gemstones (sapphires, rubies, emeralds), or alternative stones like moissanite. Also, you get to specify the shape and cut of the gemstones, their size, and the arrangement if there are multiple of them.
- Engravings: You can add personalised engravings such as initials, names, a special date, or a meaningful message on the inside or outside of the ring.
- Sourcing: You can choose ethically sourced materials, including conflict-free diamonds or gemstones, and consider recycled or sustainable metals.
How Much Does a Bespoke Ring Cost?
The cost of a bespoke ring can vary based on a few different factors, such as materials, design complexity, quality, and whether you want rare or unique gemstones. For example, you can choose the specific quality of your diamonds, including cut, colour, clarity, and carat weight - all of which affect the overall cost. As you might guess, bespoke rings can be more expensive than generic, mass-produced rings. However, these one-of-a-kind pieces are created specifically for you as an individual or couple, so the investment is considered worthwhile. Our skilled jewellers can, in fact, work with you to create a bespoke ring that perfectly aligns with your vision and budget.
What Are Shaped-to-Fit Bespoke Rings?
Shaped-to-fit bespoke rings are designed to complement another piece of jewellery. For example, a wedding ring matching an engagement ring with an unusual shape or a family heirloom. This ensures a seamless and harmonious fit between the two rings when worn together. In other words, shaped-to-fit bespoke rings offer a solution for those who want a band that complements and enhances the beauty of their existing jewellery.
Start Your Consultation Today
Enjoy our complimentary no-obligation consultation today and get to know your design consultant, who will be with you every step of the way