The personal data we collect
Personal data: is information that relates to an identified or identifiable individual.
We may collect, use, store and disclose different kinds of personal data about you which we have listed below:
- Identity Data including first name and last name.
- Contact Data including billing address, delivery address, email address and telephone numbers.
- Financial Data including payment card details (through our third party payment processors, Stripe, PayPal, Amazon and V12 Retail Finance.
- Transaction Data including details about payments to you from us and from you to us and other details of products and services you have purchased from us or we have purchased from you.
- Technical and Usage Data including internet protocol (IP) address, your login data, your browser session and geo-location data, device and network information, statistics on page views and sessions, acquisition sources, search queries and/or browsing behaviour, information about your access and use of our website, including through the use of Internet cookies, your communications with our website, the type of browser you are using, the type of operating system you are using and the domain name of your Internet service provider.
- Profile Data including your username and password for our website, purchases or orders you have made with us, support requests you have made, information you have shared with our social media platforms, your interests, preferences, feedback and survey responses.
- Interaction Data including information you provide to us when you participate in any interactive features of our Services, including surveys and promotions.
- Marketing and Communications Data including your preferences in receiving marketing from us and our third parties and your communication preferences.
- Professional data including where you are a worker of ours or applying for a role with us, your professional history such as your previous positions and professional experience.
- Special Categories of Personal Data is a special category of personal data that includes details about your race or ethnicity, religious or philosophical beliefs, sex life, sexual orientation, political opinions, trade union membership, information about your health and genetic and biometric data. We do not actively request special categories of data about you, nor do we collect any information about criminal convictions and offences. If at any time we need to collect special categories of data about you, we will only collect it and use it as required or authorised by law.
How we collect personal data
We collect personal data in a variety of ways, including:
- Directly: We collect personal data which you directly provide to us, including when you register for an account, when you order a product from us, through the ‘contact us’ form on our website or when you request our assistance via email, or over the telephone.
- Indirectly: We may collect personal data which you indirectly provide to us while interacting with us, such as when you use our website, in emails, over the telephone and in your online enquiries.
Purposes and legal bases for processing
We collect and process personal data about you only where we have legal bases for doing so under applicable laws. We have set out below, in a table format, a description of all the ways we plan to use your personal data, and which of the legal bases we rely on to do so. We have also identified what our legitimate interests are where appropriate. Note that we may process your personal data for more than one lawful ground depending on the specific purpose for which we are using your data. Please reach out to us if you need further details about the specific legal ground we are relying on to process your personal data where more than one ground has been set out in the table below.
|Purpose of use / disclosure||Type of Data||Legal Basis for processing|
|To provide our Services to you, including to dispatch and deliver our products to you.||
|To contact and communicate with you about our Services including in response to any support requests you lodge with us or other enquiries you make with us.||
|To contact and communicate with you about any enquiries you make with us via our website.||
|For internal record keeping, administrative, invoicing and billing purposes.||
|For analytics, market research and business development, including to operate and improve our Services, associated applications and associated social media platforms.||
|For advertising and marketing, including to send you promotional information about our events and experiences and information that we consider may be of interest to you.||
|To run promotions, competitions and/or offer additional benefits to you.||
|If you have applied for employment with us; to consider your employment application.||
|To comply with our legal obligations or if otherwise required or authorised by law.||
If you have consented to our use of data about you for a specific purpose, you have the right to change your mind at any time, but this will not affect any processing that has already taken place. Where we are using your data because we or a third party have a legitimate interest to do so, you have the right to object to that use though, in some cases, this may mean no longer using our services. Further information about your rights is available below.
Our disclosures of personal data to third parties
We may disclose personal data to:
- our employees, contractors and/or related entities;
- IT service providers, data storage, web-hosting and server providers such as Microsoft and Hot Jar;
- our online store management system, OpenCart our live eChat system, Zopim;
- marketing or advertising providers such as Mailchimp and Sendgird and affiliate link provider Paid on Results Limited;
- our review platforms, Trust Shop Reviews, Trustpilot and Google Reviews
- professional advisors, bankers, auditors, our insurers and insurance brokers;
- payment systems operators such as Stripe, PayPal, Amazon Pay, Klarna and V12 Retail Finance;
- our delivery provider, Royal Mail and dispatch label provider, Click and Drop;
- our existing or potential agents or business partners;
- sponsors or promoters of any promotions or competition we run;
- anyone to whom our business or assets (or any part of them) are, or may (in good faith) be, transferred;
- courts, tribunals and regulatory authorities, in the event you fail to pay for goods or services we have provided to you;
- courts, tribunals, regulatory authorities and law enforcement officers, as required or authorised by law, in connection with any actual or prospective legal proceedings, or in order to establish, exercise or defend our legal rights; and
- third parties to collect and process data, such as Google Analytics (To find out how Google uses data when you use third party websites or applications, please see www.google.com/policies/privacy/partners/ or any other URL Google may use from time to time), Facebook Pixel or other relevant analytics businesses; and
- any other third parties as required or permitted by law, such as where we receive a subpoena.
Google Analytics: We have enabled Google Analytics Advertising Features including Remarketing Features, Advertising Reporting Features, Demographics and Interest Reports, Store Visits and Google Display Network Impression reporting. We and third-party vendors use first-party cookies (such as the Google Analytics cookie) or other first-party identifiers, and third-party cookies (such as Google advertising cookies) or other third-party identifiers together.
You can opt-out of Google Analytics Advertising Features including using a Google Analytics Opt-out Browser add-on found here. To opt-out of personalised ad delivery on the Google content network, please visit Google’s Ads Preferences Manager here or if you wish to opt-out permanently even when all cookies are deleted from your browser you can install their plugin here. To opt out of interest-based ads on mobile devices, please follow these instructions for your mobile device: On android open the Google Settings app on your device and select “ads” to control the settings. On iOS devices with iOS 6 and above use Apple’s advertising identifier. To learn more about limiting ad tracking using this identifier, visit the settings menu on your device.
- only transferring your personal data to countries that have been deemed by applicable data protection laws to provide an adequate level of protection for personal data; or
- including standard contractual clauses in our agreements with third parties that are overseas.
We will only retain your personal data for as long as reasonably necessary to fulfil the purposes we collected it for, including for the purposes of satisfying any legal, regulatory, tax, accounting or reporting requirements. We may retain your personal data for a longer period in the event of a complaint or if we reasonably believe there is a prospect of litigation in respect to our relationship with you.
To determine the appropriate retention period for personal data, we consider the amount, nature and sensitivity of the personal data, the potential risk of harm from unauthorised use or disclosure of your personal data, the purposes for which we process your personal data and whether we can achieve those purposes through other means, and the applicable legal, regulatory, tax, accounting or other requirements.
Your rights and controlling your personal data
Access, correction, processing and portability: You may request details of the personal data that we hold about you and how we process it (commonly known as a “data subject request”). You may also have a right in accordance with applicable data protection law to have your personal data rectified or deleted, to restrict our processing of that information, to object to decisions being made based on automated processing where the decision will produce a legal effect or a similarly significant effect on you, to stop unauthorised transfers of your personal data to a third party and, in some circumstances, to have personal data relating to you transferred to you or another organisation.
Unsubscribe: To unsubscribe from our e-mail database or opt-out of communications (including marketing communications), please contact us using the details below or opt-out using the opt-out facilities provided in the communication.
Withdraw consent: Where we are relying on consent to process your personal data, you have the right to withdraw your consent at any time. However, this will not affect the lawfulness of any processing carried out before you withdraw your consent. If you withdraw your consent, we may not be able to provide certain products or services to you. We will advise you if this is the case at the time you withdraw your consent. Complaints: If you wish to make a complaint, please contact us using the details below and provide us with full details of the complaint. We will promptly investigate your complaint and respond to you, in writing, setting out the outcome of our investigation and the steps we will take to deal with your complaint. You have the right to make a complaint at any time to the Information Commissioner's Office (ICO), the UK regulator for data protection issues (www.ico.org.uk). We would, however, appreciate the chance to deal with your concerns before you approach the ICO so please contact us in the first instance.
Storage and security
We are committed to ensuring that the personal data we collect is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure, we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures, to safeguard and secure personal data and protect it from misuse, interference, loss and unauthorised access, modification and disclosure.
While we are committed to security, we cannot guarantee the security of any information that is transmitted to or by us over the Internet. The transmission and exchange of information is carried out at your own risk.
Links to other websites
For any questions or notices, please contact us at:
Abelini Limited, a company registered in England and Wales with company number 10863786
Email: [email protected]