Platinum Engagement Rings
A platinum engagement ring is both a timeless and illustrious choice, with the prestige and purity of platinum sending a statement of you and your partner’s limitless bond. This spectacular jewellery will leave anyone spellbound by its majestic finish. The platinum engagement rings come in several styles – the Halo variants have proven particularly popular and allow you to symbolize the angelic nature of your partner. Alternatively, you may want to keep it classic with our Solitaire brilliant cut diamond rings. Platinum diamond engagement rings have an elegance nearly unmatched by any other material. Once you choose a ring like this, you are making a commitment to your partner for decades to come.
Platinum Engagement Rings Faq
Platinum is one of the more expensive options on the market. The material used for platinum rings is around 5% metal alloy to enhance its durability, but the rest is 95% pure metal. Because of this, they have a very high value. Their manufacturing process can take around seven months due to the complexity of platinum’s extraction process, which adds a lot to their already high value.
They can cost anywhere from £600 to £2,000, so be prepared to part with your cash when buying one of these pieces. The price you pay, however, will depend on factors such as the size of the ring, its age and history, as well as any gems and engravings that might have taken time and dedication to apply. Vintage platinum rings are highly popular on the market and often fetch competitive prices.
You should aim to clean your engagement ring with a pre-mixed, store-bought solution, which your manufacturer will be able to recommend. Otherwise, you can gently wash it with a mixture of soap and warm water, then wipe it dry with a soft cloth.
You can also take it to a specialist to have it buffed and polished, so it will look shiny and new no matter how much damage or grime it has withstood. It will need professionally cleaning once every two years to achieve its best effects.
Even though they are relatively low maintenance, there are several tips you will need to know if you plan to buy a platinum ring. For example, if you ever need to remove your ring for any reason, and store it elsewhere, you should store your ring individually, away from other jewellery pieces, so that it isn’t damaged. You can do this by putting it in a small jewellery bag or box, and then placing it alongside other pieces if you wish to do so.
Similarly, you should always use a pre-packaged jewellery cleaner to wash your platinum ring, or else you could run the risk of damaging it. Never use bleach or another harsh chemical and remove your ring whilst doing manual work.
Platinum is one of the best choices for wedding rings on the market due to its strong properties and versatility. It is a rare stone which has a shiny appearance when treated and feels heavy to hold. Neither does it oxidise or tarnish, meaning it will last a lifetime looking like new on your finger. Because of this, it is also the most durable and will never scratch on the surface.
Due to its nature, engravings show up the best on this metal, so if you're hoping to have your ring contain patterns, letters or numbers, this is the best material to invest in if you have the money.